Sticky : Check whether your blog or website is able to grab users attention and encourage them to visit the site multiple time or not.
Web 2.0 : check whether it is interactive and browser friendly or not.
Leads : Check how leads can be generated and captured.
Mobile friendly : Make sure website is mobile friendly.
Following points are the attributes of an effective website :
1)Search Engine Optimization(SEO) : Properly implemented SEO with search engine friendly language and right keywords for the content with title tags.
2)Right Keywords : Analyzing the proper keywords and implementing those keywords in content with SEO guidelines help site to get good visibility in search engines.
3)Relevant meta tags : Writing and implementing the unique meta tags with web page relevancy.
4)Appealing visuals : Thoughtfully composed and high quality photos will attract more attention than blur pictures. If you are a home builder for example use good quality home photos. Make sure homes are in pristine condition with finished land scaping. Distractions like dumpsters, temporary power poles,temporary yard signage must be removed from the photos.
5)Honest representation of company : Make sure you have provided genuine information about your company and products. This might attract a repeat buyer.
6)Lead capture : Website must drive visitors to a contact page so you can capture and create a lead. Well tailored landing pages can generate more leads for your business.
7)Social media inter connectivity to web pages : Make sure users will have an easy way sharing and interacting with your websites using different social media channels.
8) Call to action : Website must guide the users to interact with you. By mentioning mobile numbers,
user friendly contact forms on the website you can drive more good leads.
Following steps help you know how to start a blog.
1) Start your blogging with well known blogging platform WordPress.
2) Name your blog : choose the relevant name for your blog. http://www.YourCompanyNameBlog.com is a popular choice.
3) Blog hosting : Host your blog with the help of known hosting service providers like BlueHost.com.
4) Select theme and categories for your blog : Many free and inexpensive themes are available on wordpress platform. So you have huge options to pick the right template which suits your business model. Otherwise you can go for developer to get custom template.
5) Keyword analysis : Do research on keywords. Choose keywords wisely and add those keywords properly in meta tags and content of the web page.
6) Schedule your posts : Using editorial calendar you can schedule your blog posts. At least you should post 8 entries per month in different days in different time interval.
7) Create a blog policy to moderate the comments posted by readers.
8) Install Google analytic code to track your blog performance.
9) Promote your blog on social media sites.
10) Measure the results.